Dr. Mike
Today, I was on shift again with a resident who graduated from Northwestern a couple of years ago. As most people will be when presented with such a school connection, he always made the effort to be extra pleasant when we crossed paths. All in all, he was a rather personable, friendly guy, not to mention a fair looker. Tall, dark, sharp features, including cheekbones to die for. A bit too intense and Lincoln Park for my taste, but still cute enough for me to give his looks a second (and third) thought.
His last patient of the shift tonight was a large, rather homely woman who needed a leg split. I wanted more splinting experience, so I went in to prep the plaster strips and padding before he came back in to supervise the actual process. As the other female medical student and I were running through our splint application steps, the patient asked us, "what's that doctor's name, the one who was just in here? He's cute!" We tried to be as professional as we could, but this lady was out of control. She would not stop talking about all the very non-PG things she wanted to do to him. As much as I agreed with her, I was busting out laughing, she was so inappropriate. As soon as he came back, she asked, "Dr. Mike, are you married? Mm mmm, you are so cute!" Poor guy. He handled it very well, with tremendous diplomacy, but I just could not keep a straight face. It was too much. I kept snorting into my bucket of plaster water as she laid it on him. She was, as inappropriately flirtatious patients go, probably one of the worst I've seen. I felt bad for laughing so hard at his ardent admirer's advances and was going to apologize after our shift, but he took off like a gazelle. Then I realized I don't have his email address like I do for all the intermediate and senior residents. I could ask someone easily enough, but that just seems creepy. Hmm.
...oh well. It's probably for the better anyway.
His last patient of the shift tonight was a large, rather homely woman who needed a leg split. I wanted more splinting experience, so I went in to prep the plaster strips and padding before he came back in to supervise the actual process. As the other female medical student and I were running through our splint application steps, the patient asked us, "what's that doctor's name, the one who was just in here? He's cute!" We tried to be as professional as we could, but this lady was out of control. She would not stop talking about all the very non-PG things she wanted to do to him. As much as I agreed with her, I was busting out laughing, she was so inappropriate. As soon as he came back, she asked, "Dr. Mike, are you married? Mm mmm, you are so cute!" Poor guy. He handled it very well, with tremendous diplomacy, but I just could not keep a straight face. It was too much. I kept snorting into my bucket of plaster water as she laid it on him. She was, as inappropriately flirtatious patients go, probably one of the worst I've seen. I felt bad for laughing so hard at his ardent admirer's advances and was going to apologize after our shift, but he took off like a gazelle. Then I realized I don't have his email address like I do for all the intermediate and senior residents. I could ask someone easily enough, but that just seems creepy. Hmm.
...oh well. It's probably for the better anyway.

1 Comments:
Yvonne, you're HILARIOUS! Glad to see you're blogging again. I wonder how I'd handle a similar situation at the airport...
Met up with Glenn the other day, had lunch. He's going up to Ottawa to work at Statscan
-AT
Post a Comment
<< Home