Milestones, Part A
This weekend was Homecoming. Of course I was in Evanston most of the day to march in the game as a NUMBAlum. I had a grand time re-living the days of utter pain. For some reason, this year was less painful -- probably because I refused to march the Homecoming parade on Friday night. I got the ultimate compliment from Kirby, who said he could pick me out on the field by my white sweatshirt and impeccable 90-degree chairstep. All right, so I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of his comment! The NUMBAluming was fun; the game itself, not so much. Why, oh why did we have to lose to Michigan?? Such indignity.
Sometime over the course of the weekend, I realized a couple of things. One, it is nice to know that my ex-boyfriend's friends are really my own friends now. Two, it is nice to reconnect with exes on a friendly level, instead of losing them to memories mired in bitterness and hate. I guess we're all growing up.
Also, I heard from an old high school friend who is now in graduate school at the University of Chicago. I haven't spoken to him since grade 10. Catching up should prove to be interesting.
Sometime over the course of the weekend, I realized a couple of things. One, it is nice to know that my ex-boyfriend's friends are really my own friends now. Two, it is nice to reconnect with exes on a friendly level, instead of losing them to memories mired in bitterness and hate. I guess we're all growing up.
Also, I heard from an old high school friend who is now in graduate school at the University of Chicago. I haven't spoken to him since grade 10. Catching up should prove to be interesting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home