Sunday, November 20

Selectivity

In the past 3 weeks, I've been constantly waiting.

Waiting for interview offers to come in from the 33 programs I applied to.

Why 33? Because, I was told, I would need to apply to that many to guarantee an adequate return of interview offers. This was determined by my advisor and the emergency medicine program director here at Northwestern. Who both obviously don't think too highly of me, since 10 interviews is what they'd consider "adequate." So, off went my $435 to the Electronic Residency Application System for my 33 applications.

And now what happens? So far, I have 15 interview offers, a bunch of declines, and I have yet to hear back from about 10 programs. Probably half to one-third of which will extend me an interview.

WTF!?!

You know you've got a real great advisor when he can't even adequately guage your competitiveness against other applicants.

*grumble*

I want my money back!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! So many interviews! Do you have to go to them all? What did your supervisor say when you told him? At least you have lots of choice now, no? Good luck! - Michelle
PS did you get my email a couple of weeks ago?

11:34 a.m., November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home