Friday, January 6

Ambition

No, this has nothing to do with medicine.

I'm excited to finally embark on a new art project!! I know I've flirted with doing a 4-panel piece of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse for years now, and I've finally gathered more reference images to push that idea along some more, but it's still too massive an undertaking to attempt at this point in time. I don't even have the space to arrange the panels for initial sketches, let alone blocking and painting. It just won't work.

Instead, I found some exquisitely lovely floral macros at Lost in Pixels which I think will translate very nicely into oil studies on canvas. At least, one will be a nice tonal study; the other will be a testament to my patience and ability, as I'm going to attempt to translate "soft focus" into pigmented form. Seeing as I haven't touched a brush (let alone my paints) in 4 years, this should be an interesting challenge. Hopefully, this won't turn into utter disaster. Now that I have a digital camera, I may even try to chart my progress here for kicks.

Hey, I need something to do when I'm not travelling away for interviews!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home