Movies, moving, coworkers, and shopping
Wow. It's disturbing what not having a tv can do to a person. In the past week, I've watched the following DVDs:
1. The Pacifier
2. Aquamarine
3. Everyone Says I Love You
4. The Family Stone
5. Match Point
6. Spanglish
7. The Upside of Anger
Yeah...all those movies looked kind of interesting, but not good enough to see in the theatre. Except for Aquamarine and ESILY. The first was because I was in a silly mood, the second because E told me long ago that I should watch it. I've still got "Mrs Henderson Presents" waiting on the floor. Er, it's on the floor because I have no furniture here yet and my laptop is on a cooler. Like, duh.
..............
Went to the AMC emergency departmental picnic at the department chair's house this afternoon. She lives even further out in the boonies than I do. It's practically farmland out where she is. Complete with a barn and a huge-ass house that is probably bigger than everyone I know's apartments all combined. I wouldn't even be able to guess how many acres of land the property covers. It reminded me of high school, when we met up at J's house up past Barrie after our Outward Bound trip. They were way out in the middle of nowhere, too. So very different from the middle of downtown Chicago.
The department folks are pretty nice. Mostly I talked with the other interns, which are a fairly good group. It'll be good working with them. There are a couple of military guys, a couple of married folks, and a nice mix of single people. Half my program is minorities, which is both surprising and impressive. I'm not sure if it's my specialty in particular that attracts more minorities, but at least it makes me feel like it's not just all white people around here (which it pretty much is).
Oh, and they're definitely outdoorsy, active people. A few of the guys are already planning a hiking trip on Tuesday! Lucky bastards, they don't have to sit through ACLS. Then again, I'd better rest up before the rest of my stuff gets here later this week. Hopefully, nothings broken/damaged/spoilt (I had wine and beer in that truck! Doesn't alcohol go bad if you store it in like 90 degree heat for a week?? *sob*).
...............
In other news, I ordered my bridesmaid's dress for A's wedding today! It's a full length A-line strapless dress, extremely simple but the best looking out of like 8 that I tried. I think since I've got a big frame, any extra material just makes me look bigger...and that's definitely not needed. After all, I only have 3 more months to look fabulous for the wedding. Not that I should need a reason for getting in better shape...I really need to practice what I preach to every patient who walks in sedentary and heart diseased, and not be a total hypocrite. But yes! I'm really excited...now I also have an excuse to go shopping for fancy shoes...heehee. :)
1. The Pacifier
2. Aquamarine
3. Everyone Says I Love You
4. The Family Stone
5. Match Point
6. Spanglish
7. The Upside of Anger
Yeah...all those movies looked kind of interesting, but not good enough to see in the theatre. Except for Aquamarine and ESILY. The first was because I was in a silly mood, the second because E told me long ago that I should watch it. I've still got "Mrs Henderson Presents" waiting on the floor. Er, it's on the floor because I have no furniture here yet and my laptop is on a cooler. Like, duh.
..............
Went to the AMC emergency departmental picnic at the department chair's house this afternoon. She lives even further out in the boonies than I do. It's practically farmland out where she is. Complete with a barn and a huge-ass house that is probably bigger than everyone I know's apartments all combined. I wouldn't even be able to guess how many acres of land the property covers. It reminded me of high school, when we met up at J's house up past Barrie after our Outward Bound trip. They were way out in the middle of nowhere, too. So very different from the middle of downtown Chicago.
The department folks are pretty nice. Mostly I talked with the other interns, which are a fairly good group. It'll be good working with them. There are a couple of military guys, a couple of married folks, and a nice mix of single people. Half my program is minorities, which is both surprising and impressive. I'm not sure if it's my specialty in particular that attracts more minorities, but at least it makes me feel like it's not just all white people around here (which it pretty much is).
Oh, and they're definitely outdoorsy, active people. A few of the guys are already planning a hiking trip on Tuesday! Lucky bastards, they don't have to sit through ACLS. Then again, I'd better rest up before the rest of my stuff gets here later this week. Hopefully, nothings broken/damaged/spoilt (I had wine and beer in that truck! Doesn't alcohol go bad if you store it in like 90 degree heat for a week?? *sob*).
...............
In other news, I ordered my bridesmaid's dress for A's wedding today! It's a full length A-line strapless dress, extremely simple but the best looking out of like 8 that I tried. I think since I've got a big frame, any extra material just makes me look bigger...and that's definitely not needed. After all, I only have 3 more months to look fabulous for the wedding. Not that I should need a reason for getting in better shape...I really need to practice what I preach to every patient who walks in sedentary and heart diseased, and not be a total hypocrite. But yes! I'm really excited...now I also have an excuse to go shopping for fancy shoes...heehee. :)

3 Comments:
Heya Doc!
Just got back from Peru... congrats on the doc thing! And Albany too, so close! Let me know if you need me to bring anything from TO to you to give me an excuse to come visit your new digs! :-D
-AT
what a pretty dresssssss!!!!! and yaaaay (for me) for ganking other people's unprotected wireless internet so that i could see it!!!! whoo hoo! anyway, back to the topic at hand- you're going to look more than fabulous in october..:) do you have shooooeees?? you are coming to philly yes? we can go shoe and accessories shopping when you come!!
-d
Hey! Yay, new posts! Glad you're enjoying yourself in your new life. Congrats DOCTOR! :) :) :). You've worked hard for it girl! Oh, and that's a gorgeous dress.
Post a Comment
<< Home